Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 9, 2008

1 Month Today

It is so hard to believe but Hannah Claire has already been here for 1 month.  It has been a fun, exciting and sleep deprived month.  We have loved it.  It is amazing to look back at HC's newborn pictures and see how she has grown and changed in such a short period of time.  It is hard to see when all you do is watch her all day long.  You never know when she she will do something fun and exciting...
While getting her diaper changed and pitching a little fit, HC decided she would grab her passy and wave it around.  Shane was in the shower so how was I to capture this moment (the camera was in the living room and we were in the nursery)?  I just knew if I put her in the crib to go grab the camera she would drop it but I had to try.  Thankfully I did.  Here she is waving it around and then...
...she actually got it in her mouth.  I snapped too fast and she is super fast a spitting out the passy.  Yes, our child is way ahead of schedule.  She is a genius!
Again, when you are a genius you have a lot to ponder.
Here is our sweet friend Bella posing with HC.  She was so sweet to offer HC some of her care bear birthday cake.  Problem was we were still at the hospital on Bella's b-day so we didn't get to make it to her party, which she clearly pointed out to me at dinner the other night.  It was so cute.  She says... "Excuse me, you missed my birthday party."  Kids don't forget anything.
HC is loving her giraffe from Melissa & Pat.  It is about the same size as her.  How cute!  Thanks for the adorable gift.

Now for the pictures from today:
Daddy fed HC for the first time today.  We have been nursing but thanks to the "the pump" Daddy gets to be a part of this exciting event now.  
We also had our doctor's appointment today.  HC loves her doctor.  Look how calm she was.  She did fabulous!  She is up to 9lbs 2ozs and 22in long.  She is average size and above average on length.  We had a great checkup and don't go back for another month.  I think the appointment is more for the parents.  We had a list of questions to make sure we know what we are doing.  It was very comforting to know that our daughter is growing as she should and we have not done anything to hurt her.  So far so good.

We saw a neat idea to take a picture of your child in the same spot every month to see how she has grown.  We started that today.  Look for a progress report each month.  (If we remember to take the pictures)  

7 comments:

Rachael said...

Happy 1 month, Hannah Claire! You are such a big girl...and definitely a genius!

Nathan and Rachel Greenfield said...

happy 1 month! she is too cute in her little outfits- oh i just love little girl clothes. we have our ped. appt. at 6 weeks. can you imagine that HC weighs less at 1 month then noah did at birth- he is such a haus!

annieck said...

Happy 4 weeks, HC!!! She is absolutely precious!:)
I did the picture thing with Tristan. I took his picture in the same spot every month, and it was amazing to see the change! I started it with Asher but kind of got away from the same exact spot. I guess it's the whole baby #2 thing. He did get his picture taken each month on his monthly birthdate, though! :)
See you guys soon!!!

Anonymous said...

by the way, brandi, you look GREAT. you and shane look so happy. i am glad you have both had this time off together.

rachel

Fuller Family said...

Congratulations! It goes by so quick, enjoy every moment.

Miranda said...

Happy 1st Month Birthday HC!!! You are a precious little girl!

The Reeds said...

Love the new pics!! The chair idea is a great one too!