Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 26, 2010

McWane Science Center

I have always heard about the McWane Science Center but I really thought Hannah Claire was too young to enjoy it. Our good friends from TX were coming to visit and invited us to join them. Since Evan is the same age as HC we said why not. Turns out she is the perfect age. Really any age is perfect. We all had a blast! One of the first things we saw was so cool and HC was so intrigued.
The Mr. Potato Head exhibit was there when we went. Evan, Jamie, Hannah Claire and Shane got to build their own Mr. Potato Head with more pieces than I have ever seen.
We even got to meet the real Mr. Potato Head. Hannah Claire actually liked him pretty well.
HC ran through the car wash.
That will be $5.25 please and we only accept cash.
"This is fun Daddy."
"What? No one was playing with these balls."
I thought we were about done but boy was I wrong. We went down to the second floor and found the science stuff. We got to stand in the tornado mist.
I got to fulfill one of my childhood dreams of being a meteorologist. Wow, that green screen is blank and it is so much harder in than I thought it would be. Although with a little practice I think I could put James Spann out of business. HA!
We still were not done. We made it down to the first floor where there was a water play area. Of course our little angel was in hog heaven.
We found Evan again and they got to play with purple sand. Note to self, next time play with the sand before the water otherwise it sticks and makes for a very unhappy 2 year old.
Daddy got in on the action with a little demonstration of his strength. Look at that concentration. Go Daddy!!!
We were all getting hungry and the kiddos were getting restless so we decided to head out. Turns out we missed the aquarium which I didn't realize until someone mentioned it the next week. Oh well, that gives us something to look forward to next time. Hannah Claire had a great time and was very ready to head out for some lunch. Thanks to the Smith's and Morris's for the invite. We had a blast!!!

0 comments: